Monday, 15 April 2013

Forever Friends - My Pony

 Neglecting my charity quilt square due to me getting angry at my pattern (teaches me to try and make it myself), I went on to a belated project that the kit was a gift for a friend.

I had offered if she wasn't up to trying it for herself. Alas, she asked me to, and I already had to do the Christening/Baptism present lol

Smart move Ish.

Annnyyywwaayyy. It turned out to be more portable than my other projects, and I have been doing a lot of traveling to Sydney for work.

Add the extra bonus of being paid for 4hr stints of sitting in a mostly empty temp store with no work?

Means I got a lot more done than expected... Buuutttt my other projects (*cough*) have not been done.

*looks wistfully at the Sprite Stitch stitch-a-long she had hoped to do*

First WIP is MIA. Not sure where it has gone *shrugs*

Here is the cross stitch. Started 22nd March and finished 15th April.

Anchor Forever Friends - FRC109xs My Pony

The pattern/kit have the rosette pink, but since it was a 1st place ribbon, I thought it only right it should be the correct colour *wink*

Now I just need to get this framed for a combined birthday/Christmas present!

Maybe I can go onto the sampler now (if I can get the changes I want to make right).

Click 'Read More' for other WIP's!


Gorjuss - New Heights (Pt.2)

Update was not so soon...

I have been busy running between Newcastle and Sydney for work..

It has also taken me a little while of procrastination to finish, and get this up.

Back stitch is the bane of my being. Part of the reason it got put aside ...

Anyways, here we are from back stitch to finish

Back stitch completed on the books to the left.

All back stitch completed; washed and ironed as well on right.

There were a couple of other WIP's but they are a bit crumpled/not worth it.

Both of these pictures are the work aster framed. I went with a triple matting because it looked the best. It also was the best I could do to match the cotton candy pink they have painted the room.

The project is meant to be something that will be kept as long as possible so colours had to be picked with care to be something that will stay neutral  as she grows up.

Sorry for the reflections in the last two photos. It is a combo of glass and not wanting to take the protective plastic off till I get it to them.

It is done. That is the main thing!